POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Dire Passage : WIP: Dire Passage Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: Dire Passage
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Feb 2005 08:36:02
Message: <420e0642@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Here is the latest avatar of a project I started long ago, but that -
finally - is taking shape. It should illustrate something I intend to write.
The islands are with the Geomorph macro; the palmtrees with POVTree; the sea
is Marc Jacquier's; I built the ship in Moray a few years ago, following the
building instructions from Nicolaes Witsen, mayor of Amsterdam in the
seventeen's century and author of a book on shipbuilding. It took me four
months, a little faster than the real builders (six to nine)  ;-)

To do: the wrecked mast. Ropes and canvas; better texture.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'DirePassage_02_02.jpg' (90 KB)

Preview of image 'DirePassage_02_02.jpg'
DirePassage_02_02.jpg